Internet courses content and webinars
Week 1 – The NPTE, a different type of test Cardiopulmonary and lymphatic system
- Webinar 1: Discussion of the NPTE and how it differs from other tests. How this affects how you should efficiently study. What the NPTE is actually testing!
- Webinar 2: Discussion of concepts involved with the cardiopulmonary system
Week 2 – Other systems (the metabolic and endocrine system, the gastrointestinal system and the genitourinary system, including system interactions. The integumentary system.
- Webinar 1: Discussion of the use of concepts related to the metabolic and endocrine system, the gastrointestinal system and the genitourinary system, including system interactions
- Webinar 2: Discussion of the skin’s healing process and the differences in treatment approaches for different types of skin injuries.
Week 3 – The neuromuscular system
- Webinar 1: A discussion of application of neuroanatomy to the assessment of CVA, TBI, CP and SCI.
- Webinar 2: Discussion of treatment techniques needed to establish effective treatment of patients with neurological disorders.
Week 4 – The musculoskeletal system
- Webinar 1: Discussion of assessment of musculoskeletal system problems including the importance of anatomy and biomechanics in developing an effective treatment.
- Webinar 2: Discussion of postural problems and their correction.
Week 5 – Therapeutic exercise, manual therapy and tests and measures
- Webinar 1: Discussion of the types of exercise, their benefits and problems.
- Webinar 2: What are the clinical situations and the impact of selection of the best tests and treatments
Week 6 – Orthotics and prosthetics and assistive devices. Other neuromuscular diseases
- Webinar 1: The selection and use of the best orthotic and prosthetic device to improve patient function
- Webinar 2: Other neuromuscular system diseases and their assessment and treatment
Week 7 – Pulmonary system diseases and treatments, treating patients with cardiac disease as a secondary diagnosis
- Webinar 1: Discussion of the best use of pulmonary system tests and measures
- Webinar 2: The monitoring of patients with cardiac issues being treated other problems.
Week 8 – Development of treatment programs including the use of modalities
- Webinar 1: the development of the best treatment for common orthopedic system problems
- Webinar 2: Discussion of non-system issues, such as modalities, research and a safe treatment environment.
- Webinar 3: How to analyze patient care situation and see the impact of treatment procedures.
- Webinar 4: Choosing the BEST answer to NPTE questions